This past weekend was warm down here in So Cal! We’re having a little heat wave and we definitely felt the temperature change the past few days. Thankfully we’re near the coast so we always get a nice ocean breeze. 🙂
I also felt productive this weekend! Don’t you love when that happens?! Don’t get me wrong, I do love those lazy days but sometimes it’s nice to mark off all those items on your list! I woke up early Saturday, went for a run, worked on a DIY project (which will be a future post), baked these blueberry pancakes, cleaned… Sunday was more relaxing. We spent the morning in Malibu surfing and then got back in time to watch the NBA Finals.
Did you guys catch that game?! Well, if you’re a Warrriors fan like me then you are definitely bummed. I think I’m finally feeling better about the loss. Good thing I made these pancakes on Saturday; they have been helping me cope with the loss. Ha! :P
This pancake recipe is simple and delicious! They’re vegan and dairy-free and have just the right amount of sweetness. The berries have been so delicious lately! I just love summer fruit!!
I love to drizzle agave over my pancakes. Yummy!
Have fun baking these pancakes! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
xo, Jenneke Rose
- 2 flax eggs (see notes below)
- 1 1/2 cups 100% white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or any dairy-free/nut-free milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (you can use frozen too)
- coconut oil for pan
- Prepare flax eggs. Let set for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt.
- In another bowl mix together the almond milk, agave & vanilla extract. Whisk in the flax eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat the pan to medium-high heat. Add coconut oil to coat the pan.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan for each pancake. Cook for a couple minutes, until bubbles begin to appear. Flip the pancake. Continue baking pancakes until batter is used up. Makes about a dozen pancakes.
- Top pancakes with agave and fresh blueberries.
- One flax egg = 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons of water. Mix and let stand for about 10 minutes – until it becomes an egg-like consistency.
6 thoughts on “Blueberry Pancakes – Vegan, Dairy-Free”
There are a LOT of blueberry vegan pancake recipes on the net but few look THAT good.
Thank you so much for your kind words!! They taste good too. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I can’t wait to make these. They look so delicious!
All the sudden i have a late night craving!! Looks delicious!!
YUMMM. These look so good!